In Adobe Photoshop Elements, there is a very easy way through which you can opt for automatically importing new Photographs or other media files on your Computer. This work on a basic concept of locating few files at a particular logcal location on your Hard Drive. Let's go Step By Step to know the basic workflow to use this powerful feature of Adobe Photoshop Elements Organizer.
1. Launch Adobe Photoshop Elements Organizer and go to File Menu
2. Under File Menu, Select 'Watch Folder' : On Clicking this option above shown dialog will be shown - 'Watch Folders'
3. Now Click on Add button yo select the location where you usually put your photographs after coming from any vacation or party etc. Following dialog will help you in locating appropriate folder on your computer.
4. Here we have selected two location, One is common where all kinds of Photographs are put and at other location where photographs shot by Nikon D700 are put. Select location should be shown on left portion of this dialog.
5. By Default 'Notify Me' option is selected, which means that if you have anything new at these locations, you will get a notification to ask that if you want to import your photographs/other media files into Organizer. If you don't want notification and directly want to import into Organizer, select the other option below it - 'Automatically Add Files to Elements Organizer.'
This is one of the extremely simple workflow in Adobe Photoshop Elements Organizer through which you can automatically import files into Organizer, but make sure that Photographs are put in registered locations. If locations are different, this will obviously not work.
Please feel free to comment back about your view about this post about Watch Folders in Elements Organizer and do let us know in case you have any specific questions related to any feature areas in Adobe Photoshop Elements.